Group Tag Reminder
Do you ever forget to put your group tag on before rezzing objects on your land, then later have those auto-returned to you? Frustrating huh?
- Purpose: Notifies you if you forget to put your group tag on. You can add other people to the list too.
- Setup: Just wear the correct group tag, rez this tool to the ground, and leave it there to do it’s job. Simple!
- Easy: 100% menu-driven. Context-sensitive help on every dialog.
- Extras: Can restrict to the area of land you must be within before this tool checks your tag.
- Step 1: Set your group tag by right-clicking on your avatar and selecting “Groups”. Select the group from the list and click “Activate”.
- Step 2: Drag the Group Tag Reminder to the ground.
That’s all there is to it. From now on you’ll receive an IM if you forget to put your group tag on while within 96 meters of this tool.
The Admin Menu
If other people build on the land too then you can add their names. Click the tool to bring up the menu and select “Avatars” then “Add”.
If you dont want it to scan the whole area then you can restrict it to a area of land as follows.
- Step 1: Firstly move the tool to a corner of the patch of land – any corner will do.
- Step 2: Click the tool and select “Set Area” from the menu, then “Corner 1″.
- Step 3: Now move the tool to the opposite corner.
Tip: Pick up the object, walk diagonally to the opposite corner, and put it back down if that’s easier.
Note: Make sure you account for vertical height too. So for one corner position it low, and for the other corner position it higher up. This is handy if you only want this tool to take effect on one level of your house/area.
- Step 4: Click the tool and select “Set Area” from the menu, then “Corner 2″.
- Version 1.2
- Added option to customize what gets said to avatars when reminding them that their group tag isnt set for building on the land. See menu option “Options” > “Message”.
- Added option to check everyone’s group tag, not just the avatars on your list. See menu option “Avatars” > “Mode”. By default it only checks the tag for avatars on your list. Selecting “Everyone” will change it so it checks everybody that comes within sensor range (or area if given).
- Version 1.1
- Now also checks the Z axis when you set the scan area. Previously it only checked the X and Y axis. This is useful if you plan to limit the use of this tool to eg the upstairs of your house.
- Initial release.